Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered, DebtBlue may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
– First and Last Name
– Mailing Address
– E-mail Address
– Phone Number
– Social security number, credit card or other debt
– Account balances and transaction history
– Income and employment information
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include: (a) registering for an account; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
DebtBlue collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested. DebtBlue may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from DebtBlue and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
DebtBlue does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
DebtBlue may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to DebtBlue, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
DebtBlue may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on DebtBlue or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of DebtBlue; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of DebtBlue, or the public.
Note: Additional disclosures should also indicate that your information may be shared to affiliates for marketing and everyday business purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by DebtBlue. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the DebtBlue website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- CCPA also requires that the data be provided to consumers within 45 days
- Delivered by mail or electronically
- Free of charge
For California Residents
Subject to certain exceptions outlined in the CCPA, you have a right to request that your personal information be deleted from our records. You may make such request by (1) contacting our customer relations staff by phone at 855-332-8258, or (2) emailing at email@example.com.
In accordance with California law, we will not share information we collect about you with nonaffiliates, except as allowed by law. For example, we may share information with your consent or to service your accounts. Your elections are stated here.
Right to Non-Discrimination
Exercising any right pursuant to the CCPA solely shall not result in a denial of goods or services, or result in disparate delivery of service or pricing.
Children under thirteen
DebtBlue does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, DebtBlue may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from DebtBlue or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from DebtBlue, you may opt out of such communications by https://debtbluemarketing.com/opt-out/.
Changes to this statement
DebtBlue welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that DebtBlue has not adhered to this Statement, please contact DebtBlue at:
1125 E. Campbell Rd., Suite 200
Richardson, Texas 75098